Monday, March 30, 2009

Da Bears

I had a talk with the Warforged 6709. A very interesting construct, a piece of artifice specialized in artifice. She also seems to be a very young Warforged, no experience at all in the Last War if I don't miss my guess. A few years on the Karrnath front lines would have taken some of her innocence. I like her though, she brews potions that will apparently turn me into a giant for a few minutes. She said something about "postulating that a hafted weapon the size of mine could possibly expand to a sum length of 11 feet". I got to use one today, it must have weighed forty pounds, but it felt like a feather.
The other warforged is impressive. He moves like an elf, not like scraps of metal, and he has guts; today he charged a pair of elephant bears with just his bare hands. I don't know where the bears came from, or why they attacked us, but before we could finish them off the dwarf was mauled to death. Plate mail doesn't do much against a 12-foot bear.
Also, found the party favors. The Captain was tied up in the airship under mysterious conditions, but we've no time to investigate further. This seemed to help most of the others forget their grief over the dwarf's death. Karkanna was his name, may he Travel quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment